Easy Zucchini Cake With Crumble Topping – No Mixer Needed!
There’s something so satisfying about pulling together a quick dish that doesn’t require too much fuss or effort. Inasmuch as I love my KitchenAid mixer, sometimes, I just prefer a recipe that allows me to give it a (much needed) rest. This easy zucchini cake not only allows me to go mixer-free, but it whips up nice and fast with little fuss.
With us spending more and more time at home, the tendency to snack becomes inevitable, but with a cake like this that has in good for your zucchini, I don’t feel too terrible when the kids go in for seconds.
Here’s what you’ll need for the cake itself:
And here’s how I made this quick and easy pan of deliciousness:
Zucchini Cake With Crumble Topping
- Bowls (large and medium sized)
- Pastry blender (optional)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 8×8 baking tin
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp each of nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice powder
- ½ cup butter unsalted, cold
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup zucchini shredded
For the crumble:
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup flour all purpose
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp butter unsalted, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour the tin.
- Sift together the flour, salt, spices, baking soda and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Using the pastry blender (or your hands – but working quickly), rub the butter into the flour mixture. It should resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add the eggs and stir to combine.
- Add the sugars and mix well. Now here's where you have to trust me on this one. At this point, the mixture will look a little clumpy and you may wonder how this will form a light and lovely crumb. Trust the process!
- Add the gratered zucchini. Mix well. The moisture from the zucchini will soak into the thick batter and relax everything together to give a smooth consistency to the batter.
- Spread the batter in an even layer in the greased and floured tin.
- Prepare the crumble by mixing the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and melted butter in a small bowl. Break up the mixture into small pieces.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely. Slice and enjoy!
Here’s an unclose of a slice of this zucchini goodness:
Let me know if you made this and how it went. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I did!
Until next time, happy baking!