Quick and Easy Coffee Cake – No mixer needed!
If you’re looking for a hassle free cake to whip up in no time at all that will have you in and out of the kitchen in a snap, while satisfying your sweet tooth, you’ve landed on the right page.
For many of us out there, the kids have started school and where I live, they are doing it online. I have no problem with this for many reasons, including not having to be trapped in traffic on an almost daily basis – however, having them at home may require a few extra snacks to be kept on hand.
And really, it’s not only for kids. This quick cake goes really well with… you guessed it… coffee, tea or on its own. It’s light with a nutty topping that adds a sweet crunch with every bite.
Ready to try it? Here’s the super simple recipe:
Quick and Easy Coffee Cake
- Square baking tin – 8 x 8 – greased
- Cup measures
- Spoon measures½
For the Topping
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup nuts chopped (pecans or walnuts work best)
For the Cake
- ¼ cup light oil any neutral flavoured oil will do, or melted butter
- ½ cup milk I used almond, but feel free to use regular milk
- ¾ cup sugar granulated
- ½ tsp salt fine
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 ½ cups flour sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Combine all ingredients listed for the topping and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine all ingredients listed for the cake in another bowl, making sure there are no lumps but taking care not to overmix.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased pan and sprinkle evenly with the topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Depending on your oven, check at 25 minutes for doneness. If not finished at 30 minutes, bake in 5 minute increments until done.
Let me know how you enjoyed this delicious, quick cake.