Quick and Easy Kale Chips
Are you anything like me? You go to the supermarket and buy a whole bunch of healthy greens with the intention of making some sort of green shake or a delicious salad and when you get home… well when you get home, you toss the kale/ swiss chard/ arugula etc etc in the crisper and only remember it when a weird smell starts coming from the bottom of the fridge?
Well, I’m glad I’m not alone! I was about to go back down that route once more when I remembered that I did have a recently purchased and now neglected air fryer that could make some crunchy, salty kale chips in no time at all.
Here’s the recipe:
- Air Fryer
- Small knife
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt to taste
- Wash and thoroughly dry the kale leaves
- Remove the spine of the leaves and discard
- Tear the leaves in bite sized pieces
- Add the oil, a little at a time, and toss to ensure that all of the pieces are well coated
- Sprinkle on the salt and toss to incorporate
- Add a layer to the air fryer tray and cook for 4 minutes at 375. (My air fryer is small so I had to do mine in batches)
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy!
These really hit the spot – they satisfied my craving for something crunchy and salty and I didn’t feel guilty afterwards! Win/ win!
I hope you give this super easy recipe a try – if you do, let me know in the comments.